RE: Oracle 10g Partitioning AWR

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:50:00 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Pat. I finally found one of my friend who has doen the same way as I am planning and confirmed that Partitioning for AWR are created even he unchecked the Oracle Partitioning option.

  Thank you very much for quick reply

  Sanjay

"Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott_at_medtronic.com> wrote:

      I remember someone asking that very question in a training session. This was the answer that they gave.

  Pat

  From: Sanjay Mishra [mailto:smishra_97_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:37 PM
To: Elliott, Patrick; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Oracle 10g Partitioning AWR

  Thanks Pat. It means Partitioning for AWR still comes up even we uncheck the Partitoning option.

  Sanjay

"Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott_at_medtronic.com> wrote:

      AWR is an exception to the license. When you tell oracle to not install the partitioning option, AWR still gets it anyway. You just can't use it for your own tables.

  Pat

  From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:39 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Oracle 10g Partitioning AWR

  Hi

  If I am installing Oracle 10g Enterprise edition and uncheck the Oracle Partitioning option [ Means nO Partitioning], does that mean that AWR will not work or will not utilize partitioning. I don't have any test box to test it and our company docs which was created for Old version says that Uncheck Partitioning due to License restriction.

  If AWR will work without partitioning then it means it will be big performance hit to purge older that 7 days data as been done.

  TIA
  Sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE
Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.

To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE
Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.

To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!