RE: Oracle 10g Partitioning AWR

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:36:01 -0700 (PDT)

Srini

  I am not looking for EM but what I referred is 10g Enterprise Edition.

  Tx

"Karla, Srini (HAS-SAT)" <Srini_Karla_at_harcourt.com> wrote:

                Enterprise Manager 10g can function without partitioning, but it is much less efficient without it. So it is strongly recommended using partitioning.
The license for the partitioning option is not needed if the option is used for Enterprise Manager 10g only. This means that if you are not licensed for the Partitioning Option, you can install it in the database hosting the Grid Repository, but this database must be dedicated to the Grid Repository and must not be used for any other applications data.

    Thanks,
Srini Karla
Sr. Database Administrator,
Harcourt Assessments, Inc.,
San Antonio, TX 78259

210-339-5252 work
210-683-3936 cell

Our Sharepoint: http://hassatappp022/sites/epa/ea/default.aspx

  From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:39 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Oracle 10g Partitioning AWR

    Hi

    If I am installing Oracle 10g Enterprise edition and uncheck the Oracle Partitioning option [ Means nO Partitioning], does that mean that AWR will not work or will not utilize partitioning. I don't have any test box to test it and our company docs which was created for Old version says that Uncheck Partitioning due to License restriction.

    If AWR will work without partitioning then it means it will be big performance hit to purge older that 7 days data as been done.

    TIA     Sanjay