Re: AIX 5.2 move from JFS to JFS2

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:14:04 +0300

When we enabled CIO option the filesystem that has online redo logs, it resolved the 'log file sync' wait event heavily.

What is your db_block_buffers size? Are you using version 8i?

Jaffar

On 6/27/07, Patty.Charlebois_at_greenshield.ca <Patty.Charlebois_at_greenshield.ca> wrote:

> Now that I have upgraded our production systems from 9.2.0.7 to 10.2.0.3 I
> can see via truss that Oracle is taking advantage of our newly implemented
> JFS2 filesystems and opening the datafiles using CIO.
>
> We are experiencing higher WIO percentages since the upgrade.
>
> My sysadmn has suggested that perhaps I need to increase db_block_buffers
> to make up for the lack of buffering at the FS level now that we are using
> JFS2.
>
> Does anyone have any experience and/or thoughts regarding this?
>
> TIA,
> Patty
>

> This e-mail is confidential, intended solely for the use of the
> recipient(s) to whom it was addressed. If you have received it
> in error, please do not copy or distribute this e-mail. We ask
> that you notify us immediately by replying to the sender and
> then delete this e-mail. E-mail sent or received over the
> internet may not be secure. You should use caution when sending
> e-mail messages containing private and confidential information
> or consider other secure means to send the information. If you
> have any questions regarding the authenticity or security of
> the e-mail you have received please do not hesitate to contact
> us at 1-800-265-5615.
>

> Ce message de courriel est confidentiel et s'adresse uniquement
> à la personne indiquée. Si vous l'avez reçu par erreur,
> veuillez ne pas copier ni distribuer ce message de courriel.
> Nous vous demandons de nous aviser immédiatement en répondant à
> l'expéditeur, puis en supprimant ce message. Les messages
> envoyés ou reçus par courriel pourraient ne pas être sécurisés.
> Vous devriez être prudent lorsque vous envoyez des messages de
> courriel contenant des renseignements confidentiels et privés
> ou songer à prendre d'autres moyens sécurisés pour envoyer les
> renseignements. Si vous avez des questions concernant
> l'authenticité ou la sécurité d'un courriel que vous avez reçu,
> n'hésitez pas à communiquer avec nous au 1 800 265-5615.

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle ACE
8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."