Re: clustering factor and partitioned tables

From: Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:03:30 +0200

On 6/26/07, Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am reading Tom Kyte's book and on page 444 he deals with clustering
> factor. I have a partitioned table with a global index. Does anybody have
> information on how the clustering factor influences a partitioned table with
> global index?

A very interesting article for how (hash) partitioning a table influences the clustering factor is the following:

http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2007/05/08/more-of-a-hash/

not sure if that focus exactly on your question, but that article definitely is worth reading for anyone investigating your topic.

hth,
alberto

--
Alberto Dell'Era