alter system suspend with BCV hot backups

From: Jordan Casey <Casey.Jordan_at_brickstreet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:59:03 -0400

We do hot backups with EMC BCV's. All is working well but we sometimes have a problem with a large job being run while we are in hot backup mode. This causes the BCV split to take longer and a large amount of archive logs to be generated. Eventually our archive log destination is filled. I was thinking of use the "alter system suspend" while in hot backup mode but have never used this command.

Any problems, comments or suggestions with this solution? Oracle version 10.2.0.2

Thanks

"Notice of Confidentiality" The information contained in this e-mail message is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of the communication is strictly prohibited.