RE: RMAN error (ORA-19502)

From: Andrey Goryunov <goryunov_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:39:59 +1030

Yes, it always the same channel.

I have not checked the backup with decreased number of channels yet - will try and let you know.

Regards,
Andrey Goryunov> Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:58:44 +0200> From: a.piesk@gmx.net> To: oracle-l@freelists.org> Subject: Re: RMAN error (ORA-19502)> > Syed Jaffar Hussain schrieb:> > > > The server has 4 databases running on it.> > Other three databases RMAN backup works fine.> > Surprisingly, archive logs backup is okay, single datafile or set of > > tables, single tablespace or set of tablespaces backup also run without > > any problems. The problem comes when trying to backup complete database.> > > > does always the same channel reports the error? does the same happens > when you decrease the number of channels?> > as i had my little firewall problem i monitored the network connections > with 'netstat' to see when exactly the network connections were > terminated. helped me a lot to pin down the cause of the problem.> > > regards,> -ap> --> http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l> >

News, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Get it now! http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx