Re: impact of changing optimizer_features_enable

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:55:06 +0300

2007/6/24, Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com>:
> I usually monitor the progress of long running SQL on that view.
> when set OFE to 9.2.0 or higher, i can still monitor through that view.
> but when OFE=817, it couldn't show me any progress

Not all operations appear in v$session_longops view, for example hash and merge joins appear (assuming they are long enough and "big" enough), but nested loops joins not.
For more info about v$session_longops you can check for example my paper Overview of long running operations in Oracle at http://www.gplivna.eu/papers/v$session_longops.htm

But I can only second Chris's advice to check __what exactly__ is going on with your query for different optimizer_features_enable and forget about __guessing and shooting in the dark__.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu