Re: V$SGASTAT in 10.2 and the Reserved Pool

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:42:39 +0300

By default, Oracle configures a small Reserved Pool (or Reserved Area) inside the Shared Pool. This memory can be used for operations such as PL/SQL and trigger compilation or for temporary space while loading Java objects. After the memory allocated from the Reserved Pool is freed, it returns to the Reserved Pool.

On 6/22/07, Roby Sherman <rxsherm_at_interealm.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here's hopefully a quick and easy Q for you...
>
> Under 10.2.0.3 if I pull up V$SGASTAT, where do free and allocated
> memory from the reserved pool get tallied? Is free reserved pool
> space part of the shared pool "free memory" in the view? Or is the
> entire chunk of reserved pool space hiding somewhere else (if so
> where, because I don't see it)?
>
> Thanks!

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle ACE
8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."