Not able to find data file on server but database is working fine

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:17:59 -0400

Hi,

On the test machine the developer created a new tablespace and I can see in the alert.log file that the command was successful. Also I can see from dba_data_fies that the datafile is available and also the tablespace is showing as Online in dba_tablespaces. Also I am able to create and insert data into table created in this tablespace but problem is I don't see the file on server and I done search(find) as root and don't see file anywhere on the system. Where the file can be and what can be the possible reason for this behavior? Environment: Oracle 10.2.0.3 on RHAT4

Thanks
--Harvinder

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jun 22 2007 - 14:17:59 CDT