Re: Money for nothing and ASH for free

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:56:12 -0700

Thanks Kyle. I know you advocated Direct SGA access for the same data, but this is different, correct?

I have the issue of having to manage older 8i/9i databases so I adapted 10g's ASH and Metrics ideas in a slightly different way and wrote some code that could be used as the basis of a 'backport' of these tools. Actually presented these ideas as a paper at COLLAB 06 and OOW 06, but stopped there and did not actually develop that into a tool (I just display/spool the simulated ASH output and interpret it as I see it). Let me know if you would like to see that paper. You can probably use that to expand this concept to ADDM....

John

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc