SYNCHRONIZATION PROCESS ON PDA HANGS ON DATA CONSOLIDATION PHASE (ORACLE LITE)

From: Richard Saints <saints.richard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:55:06 +0100

Hello to you all,
I've a mobile application that uses Oracle Lite 10g (10.2.0.2) as mobile server and Oracle Database Server 10g release 1 (10.1.0.2) as the repository database. Both of these components are installed on servers with Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server. The clients PDA's are using Windows 2003 mobile and OLITE as the local database. We are experiencing a strange problem that happens only with a few users: The data synchronization process on the PDA hangs and is happening when it gets to the data consolidation phase. The PDA gets blocked and the user has to perform a reset to start working again. After the reset, the user retries the synchronization process, sometimes it completes with success, other times it gives the same problem on the data consolidation phase. On the Oracle Lite mobile server console we don't see any kind of error and from this point of view the synchronization is a success.

The manufacturer and model of the PDA's used is: Symbol MC-70

Does anyone had any kind of experience like this ? Can anyone give me any kind of feedback on how to overcome this situation ?

Thanks for all your attention,
Ricardo Bateiras