Can you select a Different RMAN backup for DUPLICATE?

From: David cheyne <david.cheyne_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:10:51 +0100

Hi List,

I am using RMAN to duplicate our live DB to another identical machine. Full On-line backups are taken 5 days a week (file is 25Gb on disk), each one includes *all* archive logs.

I have been asked to see if we can use a different nights backup for the duplication process, other than the last backup taken. I can't find anything on MetaLink and Rob Freemans book only mentions that Duplicate uses the last good backup.

Is this possible?? If so how?

*Specs:*
*Oracle: 9.2.0.4 64-bit*
*O/S: Solaris 2.8*