RE: [Question on Diskgroup naming ] Dataguard on ASM

From: Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:38:12 +1000

Hi
It doesnt matter if they have the same name or not, my preference would be to have diferent names as they are physically different underlying systems (they are aren't they). this would assist in recognition that you are working with space that relates to your production or stand by server.

Have fun with it

Cheers

From: Anurag Verma [mailto:anuragdba_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, 19 June 2007 01:05 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: [Question on Diskgroup naming ] Dataguard on ASM

Hi all,

I have a Production server (10.2.0.3) on RHEL 4. The database is on ASM.   We are planning to setup a Dataguard on another server, which has ASM installed on it.

My question:

Should we create disk groups with the same name as that in the Primary instance, in a Dataguard instance??

Or the datagroups already created with different names, can they be used for the Dataguard ?

Anurag Verma

Austin, TX 78660

O: 512.248.6621