Re: Questions regarding using SRDF versus Dataguard

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:47:31 +0200

I can think about some points using DG over SRDF

  1. For SRDF you need high bandwidth and low latency communcation line, AFIAK the finest level is a block so whenever there is a small change a block is replicated/mirrored
  2. SRDF replicates everything including corruptions
  3. Some remote mirroring protections, I am not sure if SRDF would come into this category, can span to a limited distance whereas with DG thousands of miles is not uncommon
  4. DG restarts itself after a failover
  5. You can do rolling upgrades for one off patches using DG
  6. With DG you can use your Standby Database for some other purposes

Thanks

--
LSC