Re: % Negation Character

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:52:25 -0700 (PDT)

Citali
> I'm migrating from Sybase to Oracle, on Sybase I had a function with
> update XYZ
> set flag = flag &~4589

You can use BITAND(arg1, arg2) - see the SQL reference for more information. Shame there's no BITOR to go with it... See also UTL_RAW package and functions BIT_AND, BIT_OR, BIT_XOR and BIT_COMPLEMENT. You just need to be careful with datatypes, I seem to remember.

I played with UTL_RAW quite recently, but on a previous site so I don't have it to hand, sorry.

HTH Regards Nigel