% Negation Character

From: Guerrero, Citlali (GE, Corporate, consultant) <citlali.guerrero_at_ge.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:39:51 -0500

Hi Folks,

    I'm migrating from Sybase to Oracle, on Sybase I had a function with and update:

    update XYZ
    set flag = flag &~4589

   Now on Sybase "~" character is used as negative character, so the query do this (on sybase): Update the table XYZ on the Flag column with the bitand beteewn flag and 4589 if the binary bit corresponding to this value is not ON ...

  How can I do this on Oracle?? I mean is there any negation character on oracle similiar to ~ on Sybase?? I been searching but I still don't find anything helpful, could someone advice about this??

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers, Citlali