Re: TOAD Access to other Schemas

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:13:13 -0500 (CDT)

In recent versions of Toad, the (substantial) options are searchable. Search for "dba" and you should see a single option to "Check to access to DBA views".

Toad itself really doesn't require access to anything SQL*Plus doesn't need -- it depends on what you're doing or intend to do.

If you'd really like to see what the user's Toad's trying to do, fire up the SQL Monitor client tool that comes with Toad. Instructions can be found at http://asktoad.com -- use the "Troubleshooting" link in the Navigation panel on the left, or just search for "monitor".

Still have Toad issues or questions? AskToad has a link for that, too. :)

HTH! GL! Rich

Disclaimer: Oh, you can figure it out...

AFAIK there is an option in TOAD where you tell TOAD to look for ALL_ views instead of DBA_ views. at-least it was in 7.x.

Raj

On 6/14/07, William Wagman <wjwagman_at_xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     I suspect that may be all that is necessary in TOAD as well although I     don't know.