RE: TOAD Access to other Schemas

From: Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:08:16 +1000

Denise

Tell your developers to go jump

Now what they probably want is DBA privileges and that is debatable for them as it seems you don't have anyone with the level of experience to be trusted.

You can grant them select on any table to see table data in other schemas ok in a true development environment. If you have a copy of your production data with sensitive information like payroll details then I would say no.

Find out what they are trying to do, they have access to a lot of objects now it is default in normal user security.

Maybe on a server even the same one install a copy of the XE database and give them dba rights there and tell them if they break it you will fix it be reinstalling the database ie they loose everything and let them learn from their mistakes there.

I let trusted developers have DBA privileges in true development system ie it has the schema of prod with dummy or limited data.

Cheers

Peter