New record for sales call?

From: Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 22:43:57 +0100

I just got off the phone with a woman from a company called IT Convergence. She called me to say that she had heard I was looking for help with a RAC migration project. At first I couldn't imagine where she had gotten such information--then it dawned on me that I had posted here earlier today asking for opinions about the best way to upgrade 9i RAC to 10g. When I mentioned this, the caller agreed that someone from her company probably was monitoring the list to generate sales leads.

I don't know what the policy of the list is with respect to subscribers using it as a source for sales prospects, but I was sure annoyed.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
Securities Processing Databases Americas One Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
USA
Phone 212.538.1143
paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com