Centralization of DB+OAS

From: Alfonso León <aleon68_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:03:44 -0500

Hello everyone:

One of our clients got the brilliant Idea in order to "reduce the budget" to centralice the Database and the OAS in the same server. We are talking about a HP server with HPUX-11.23. with 12 CPU memory of 8GB and 2TB of DB.  The server is using 50% CPU, 80%Memory and Disk response is acceptable. There are 3 OAS with 4GB and 2 CPU on linux and atend about 1.200 users of a banking application.

Just to see if my perspective is correcto I would like to know if anybody of you guys keep the Database with the OAS in the same server with a similar configuration? in the same OS or using Vitual machines?

Thanks for your comments!!!!

--

Alfonso Leon

--