RE: disaster recover from RMAN backup

From: Richard J. Goulet <richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:32:39 -0400

Was this datafile/tablespace transported from another database??

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com <http://www.capgemini.com/>
Fax: 508.229.2019 / Email: richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com 45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Li Li Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:11 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: disaster recover from RMAN backup

Hi, List,

I am testing a disaster recovery senario. RMAN backup was done with no catalog. Below are what I did:

  1. startup nomount
  2. restore spfile from xxx
  3. shutdown
  4. startup (this time it picks up the restored spfile)
  5. restore controlfile from xxx
  6. alter database mount
  7. restore database check readonly (I have 2 read only tablespaces)
  8. recover database until logseq 5 (log seq 4 was the last archivelog backed up by rman)

everything worked fine until step 8, I got an error on step 8 until follows:

ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get error below

ORA-01122: database file 9 failed verification check
ORA-01110: data file 9: 'H:\xxx\xxx\xxx.dbf'
ORA-01206: file is not part of this database - wrong database id

file 9 is one of the READ ONLY tablespaces. Any comment on what's wrong in here?

TIA,
-Li