RE: Sql Developer

From: Davey, Alan <ddavey_at_harris.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 08:59:24 -0400

My biggest problem with SQL Developer compared to Toad is that the sql formatter when used on pl/sql code sucks.

If someone knows of a plug-in that does a better job, please let me know.

Thanks,

Alan Davey

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ghassan Salem Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:16 PM
To: DennisCutshall_at_mail.und.nodak.edu
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Sql Developer

I used to have Toad, and used to like it. I switched to sqldev since 1.0 (even betas), and never looked back. What I like the most is the extension framework (for reports, tabs and navigator). If I find something missing, I just write the xml required to add it (for those of you using it, point your 'check for update' to http://arkzoyd.free.fr/center.xml, I wrote the xml parts).

rgds

On 6/12/07, Dennis Cutshall < DennisCutshall_at_mail.und.nodak.edu> wrote:

Hi,

We are looking at using Oracle's SQL Developer as a development tool. Does anyone have any experience with this product? If so, please pass on your findings. We are particularly concerned about security. We noticed that any user e.g. Scott, can look at many of the objects in SYS and SYSTEM. Is this a concern, or are those normally public?

Dennis

Dennis Cutshall
Data Base Administrator
University of North Dakota ITSS
Phone: (701) 777-4109
Fax: (701)777-3978
E-Mail: DennisCutshall_at_mail.und.nodak.edu