Question re OUI checks

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:54:25 -0700

Greetings,

I am in the process of configuring a new two node RAC cluster on RHEL4 and will be installing 10gR2. I ran the cluster verification utility and it indicated everything is good to go. I am running the installer on node 1, Barnaby. I can ssh to the local host and to the remote host without a password...

:/local/d02/oracle->hostname

barnaby
:/local/d02/oracle->ssh barnaby date

Tue Jun 12 16:31:53 PDT 2007
:/local/d02/oracle->ssh baretta date

Tue Jun 12 16:31:58 PDT 2007
:/local/d02/oracle->

I am running the installer from Node 1, Barnaby and when I invoke the installer I see the following...

Caught Cluster ExceptionPRKC-1044 : Failed to check remote command execution setup for node barnaby.ucdavis.edu using shells /usr/bin/ssh and /usr/bin/rsh
barnaby.ucdavis.edu: Connection refused
  [PRKC-1044 : Failed to check remote command execution setup for node barnaby.ucdavis.edu using shells /usr/bin/ssh and /usr/bin/rsh barnaby.ucdavis.edu: Connection refused]   [PRKC-1044 : Failed to check remote command execution setup for node barnaby.ucdavis.edu using shells /usr/bin/ssh and /usr/bin/rsh barnaby.ucdavis.edu: Connection refused
  [PRKC-1044 : Failed to check remote command execution setup for node barnaby.ucdavis.edu using shells /usr/bin/ssh and /usr/bin/rsh barnaby.ucdavis.edu: Connection refused]]

The installation completed successfully and all seems to be well. I also was able to apply the 10.2.0.3.0 patch to the CRS installation. What I don't understand is why the installer is generating these errors. If anyone has an explanation I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center