ODCB security

From: Steiner, Randy <Randy.Steiner_at_nyct.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:33:23 -0400

Our app connects to the 10gr2 db via oledb. My manager wants to ensure that users, with valid accounts, cannot connect to the db via odbc with stuff like Access or Excel. I know I can put a logon trigger to look for the name of the app and refuse connection. But is there a better way? I am afraid the logon trigger is too easy to beat.

Thanks

Randy