RE: Resricting no. of sessions based on OS user.

From: Hallas, John (EXP N-ARM) <john.hallas_at_lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:52:36 +0100

Sessions per user within dba_profiles. Either create a new profile (recommended) and alter the default profile

alter profile new_profile limit sessions per user 3 (or something very similar)

If you really needed to do it at an os level then can it be changed at the os level itself or write a logon trigger that checks v$session for the os$user and does a count

John

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Krishnadas.Chathamath_at_iflexsolutions.com Sent: 12 June 2007 14:21
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Resricting no. of sessions based on OS user.

Hi,

How can I restrict the no. of sessions connected based on osuser?

Means I want to restrict the OS user connecting more than 3 concurrent sessions (3 sessions per OS users).

Thanks & Regards

Kris