RE: UL - contention Wait Event

From: Jože Senegačnik <Joze.Senegacnik_at_snt.si>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:40:02 +0200

UL stands for 'User-defined Lock'. Obviously some of your sessions are waiting because of user locks. See DBMS_LOCK package.

Regards, Joze

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dean Richards Sent: 11. junij 2007 18:31
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: enq: UL - contention Wait Event

Does anyone know what the wait event named "enq: UL - contention" means? There is nothing in Metalink or anywhere that I can find that gives the definition. I have a session that waits more than 90% of its time on this event.

Thanks.