RE: UL - contention Wait Event

From: Dean Richards <snowman327_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:31:24 -0600

In this case it's Oracle Warehouse Builder that's doing it to me.so we do not have much control on this one other than to ask Oracle what they're up to.

From: Bobak, Mark [mailto:Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com] Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 11:23 AM
To: snowman327_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: UL - contention Wait Event

Hi Dean,

UL is a user lock...you're doing it to yourself. ;-)

Look for code in your application that uses DBMS_LOCK calls. The DBMS_LOCK API is an interface to allow users and applications manage locking through the same enqueue/lock mechanisms that Oracle uses internally. But, every lock created/managed by DBMS_LOCK will be of type 'UL'.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

<mailto:mark.bobak_at_il.proquest.com> mark.bobak_at_il.proquest.com
<http://www.proquest.com/> www.proquest.com
<http://www.csa.com/> www.csa.com
ProQuest...Start here. _____ From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dean Richards Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 12:31 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: enq: UL - contention Wait Event Does anyone know what the wait event named "enq: UL - contention" means? There is nothing in Metalink or anywhere that I can find that gives the definition. I have a session that waits more than 90% of its time on this event. Thanks. -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l