Re: windows users patch advisory

From: Andre van Winssen <dreveewee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 13:08:05 +0200

Hi Niall, thanks for raising this.

The whole release management of Oracle patches by the vendor is very confusing even for oracle support analysts. I logged an SR about if we have to apply patch 6038279 on top of CpuApril2007 (5916268 aka 9208 patch 6) and the analyst told me that CpuApril2007 for 9208/win32 and patch *8* are one and the same which is obviously NOT the case.

I am trying to explain to Oracle that their communication on patches are sometimes very confusing and we customers have to figure out a lot ourselves. It's difficult to assess patches if information from the vendor is incomplete.

Regards,
Andre