Re: Disaster recovery - Windows registry

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:17:57 -0700

On 6/4/07, J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> registry in which I case I won't need to reinstall the Oracle code. I am
> wondering if there is a way to make a copy of the registry so that I have
> something to compare the server too once it is restored.

As has been stated already, you can backup a registry key.

That said, backing up the Oracle Key will not get everything that is setup by Oracle on installation.

eg. HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet contains the services information. There are various other Oracle related strings throughout the registry.

--
Jared Still