insert blob slow in 10g

From: David Boyd <davidb158_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:25:10 -0400

Hi List,

We have a table that has a blob column. We copy the table to another database nightly through DB link. Before we upgraded to 10.2.0.3 from 9.2.0.6, inserting 135 records took 25 seconds. After upgrading, inserting 135 records takes more than 30 min. Our source database is 9.2.0.6 and destination database is 10.2.0.3.

There are two indexes on the table. I tried altering the table to nologging and cache, and inserting with append and parallel hints. The inserting time is about the same. Does any one have any advice?

With Windows Live Hotmail, you can personalize your inbox with your favorite color. www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/personalize.html?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_addcolor_0607