Re: Trigger SMON to dump table statistics to ALL_TAB_MODIFICATIONS

From: Alexander Fatkulin <afatkulin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:07:56 -0400

Have you enabled monitoring on that table?

SQL> create table test (n number);

Table created.

SQL> alter table test monitoring;

Table altered.

SQL> insert into test values (1);

1 row created.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

SQL> select inserts

  2     from user_tab_modifications
  3     where table_name='TEST';

no rows selected

SQL> exec dbms_stats.flush_database_monitoring_info;

SQL> select inserts

  2     from user_tab_modifications
  3     where table_name='TEST';

   INSERTS