RE: Question re Transportable Tablespaces

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:47:40 -0700

Darrell,

A follow-up question if I may. The docs say function-based indexes will not transport. I don't have things configured yet so am not prepared to test but am wondering how they are handled. DO they just not go, can they be rebuilt after the tablespaces is moved or must they first be dropped and then recreated?

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center