Re: dropping Undo Tablespace

From: Godwin vincent <godwin.ror_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:10:04 -0400

Hi,

     Thank you all for the quick response.

Yes, killing the transactions would be the last option and i think i will have to wait until those transactions finish and all first undo tablespace segments offline.

Riyaj - My fast_start_parallel_rollback has been set to LOW (default, i guess). And following is the result for the USED_UBLK and USED_UREC for the respective sessions.

SQL> select d.used_ublk, d.used_urec, a.usn, e.sid from v$rollname a, v$rollstat b, dba_rollback_segs c, v$transaction d, v$session e where a.usn=b.usn and a.name=c.segment_name and a.usn=d.xidusn and d.addr=e.taddrand b.status in ('PENDING OFFLINE','UNKNOWN');

 USED_UBLK  USED_UREC        USN        SID
         1                    2                    20        22
       692            60955                   37         16
       386            29993                    4         34

What could be infered from this USED_UBLK and USED_UREC in this case?

Thanks,
Godwin.