RE: dropping Undo Tablespace

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:05:49 -0400

With judicious use of transaction suspension and resumable timeout periods, one can generally avoid such incidents. Even without this capability, given the choice of having a transaction fail because of an out-of-space condition (a) in a tablespace consisting of non-AUTOEXTEND datafile(s), or (b) in the filesystem in which such files live, I'd choose the former every time, since in general it's easier to recover from the first than the second.

Jim Silverman
Senior Systems Database Administrator
Solucient, LLC - A Thomson Company
Telephone: 734-669-7641
FAX:            734-930-7611
E-Mail:         jim.silverman_at_thomson.com