Re: Certification

From: Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 20:03:55 +0200

On 5/30/07, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote: (SNIP)
> There are 2 factors at work here, one the quality of the instruction I have
> to say Oracle University seem to have pretty much covered, I've not had bad
> experiences at all there. The second is the quality of the exam - her I
> think OU (and the other vendors) falls down badly since their exams can
> essentially be passed without study, but purely by memorising exam cram
> books. The remedy for this IMO isn't to require an attendance certificate,
> but to ensure that the exam requires thought and understanding to pass - old
> style written questions seem to work well in this regard but I'm not holding
> my breath on that one.

Or at least scenario based - eg

create table t .. partitioned by ..
insert into t values (...)
In which partition will the row be ?

or "what will be the output of this piece of pl/sql code ?", "how many version of this statement will be in the library cache ?" ...

I recall only some questions being scenario-based, I think they should be *all* done this way, plus some focusing on the architecture.

--
Alberto Dell'Era
"dulce bellum inexpertis"