RE: DML and Queries in database

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 10:00:19 -0500

For DML, make sure all objects for which you want to capture DML stats have LOGGING set, then use SYS.DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS. I think 10g sets this automatically, but earlier releases require you to set it automatically. These stats get reset per object each time DBMS_STATS/ANALYZE is run. Using this method you'd have to take periodic snapshots of the view.

Dave

David C. Herring, DBA | A c x i o m Delivery Center Organization

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of hitender chugh Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 7:56 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: DML and Queries in database

Is there a way to find how many selects and DMLs (Insert,update and updates) were fired in the database in a time period other than thru auditing. I know from V$session we can find out what types of SQL statements that are being fired but that is during that instance of time only.

Thanks

PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best Web mail-award-winning Windows Live Hotmail. <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2746??PS=47575>

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank you.

image001.gif