V$EVENT_HISTOGRAM

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 22:18:59 +0200

Hi all

I was wondering if any of you got some statistics from V$EVENT_HISTOGRAM in a busy system.

I am interested in these statistics:

db file parallel read
db file parallel write
db file scattered read
db file sequential read
log file parallel write
log file sequential read

I have a Oracle E-Business Suite 11.5.10.2 running on HP-UX with 8 CPUs and 400 concurrent users (Active any time around 10 to 15) and EMC DMX Symmetrix SAN, the average time I am getting for

db file parallel read
db file parallel write
db file scattered read
db file sequential read

is around 16ms

for

log file parallel write
log file sequential read

I am getting around 50ms average, rather high but I would like have some comparisons before going to some conclusion!

As many statistics as possible ;-)

Thanks!

--

LSC