RE: SRDF Setup - Temp tablespace replication

From: hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 15:00:05 +0100 (BST)

Hi Ajay

I havent tested this as in my environment my temp tablespaces has been littered all over the mount points.

But in case the temp tablespaces are on a single mount point then i would certainly consider this given the fact that the temp tablespaces might run into a few hundred giga bytes.

I doubt though anybody would have an environment to test this.

At the risk of being horribly wrong i am wundering to myself how much network bandwidth can one really be able to save by not replicating the temp tablespace as srdf essentially as i understand it replicates at the storage level byte by byte.And unless you are a terabyte DW i am not sure how much bandwidth we can save.

regards
Hrishy

Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html