RE: Removing OLAP/ODM/XDB/UltraSearch

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:34:44 -0400

Don,

You can and should lock all of these accounts.

Secondly, if you want to remove these options, they should be de-installed - not simply dropped. A lot of these things have objects stored under the SYS user - so dropping those accounts will not clean things up properly.

You can probably use DBCA to de-install these objects (I have *never* used DBCA - always manually created databases just for this reason).

Otherwise, you can find manual de-installation instructions on Metalink.

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.