Re: Run command on sqlplus repetitively without reconnection

From: David Taft <oradbt054_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:48:33 -0400

Jared,

I am got the following error when I tried to download from that link:

The requested URL /downloads/sqlshell<em>scripts.tgz was not found on this server.
Also, usually when troubleshooting problems in production, I will run some query(s) and then have to keep hitting the forward-slash/enter to monitor for changes. At the same time I am usually running SQL in one or two other xterm windows to troubleshoot the problem. I hope to use the coprocessing script to monitor for these various changes without continuous manual interaction (or at least this is what I hope to accomplish). Depending on the problem, I should be able to plug in the customized SQL, while the rest of the code remains the same .

Thanks,

David

I find this coprocessing usefull in situations where I repeatedly hit my forward slash key in sqlplus to see changes happening in production.