DataGuard - RAC primary to single-instance logical standby

From: Oracle <oracle_at_digistar.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 16:50:56 -0400

I have a 3 node 10gR2 RAC environment and am working on creating a logical standby for use with dataguard.

One thing i'm not certain of is how I should configure the standby to connect to the RAC environment listener(s) -

Should I configure the standby (and populate tnsnames.ora entries) to connect to a specific node (seems unwise), connect to a RAC service, or connect to a basic load balanced configuration...? I guess this is a combination question of which can I do and which is best to do of those that are possible.

Eventually I plan to create a logical standby RAC but I want to get a very basic single instance working right first.

thanks