Re: Why should we assume LD_ASSUME_KERNEL during oracle product installation?

From: Anand <shastry17_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 07:48:17 +0530

Hi Jared,

Yes you are right!!..you could have re-directed me to google if you didnt want to give suggestions, Thanks for your valuable reply. But my question in general is why in some case we assume LD_ASSUME_KERNEL. are there any particular reason?.

I don't understand this sentence. It seems to imply that you don't think LD_LIBRARY_PATH is necessary with 10g.

Yes I thought the same that 10g doesnot require any Kernel assumptions. Correct me if iam wrong.

reg,
Anand