Re: check high wate mark on tables??

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:14:22 +0800

What you need is actually the HWM at each datafile in the tablespace.

A query like :

select e.file_id file_id, f.file_name file_name, f.bytes/1024/1024 sz,

        f.maxbytes/1024/1024 msz,
        max(e.block_id+e.blocks)*8192/1024/1024 hwm
from dba_data_files f, dba_extents e
where e.tablespace_name = '&tbs_name'
and f.file_id=e.file_id
group by e.file_id, f.file_name, f.bytes, f.maxbytes order by f.file_name
/

(assuming an 8KB block size -- else change the 8192 to your tablespace's blocksize)
At 10:53 PM Thursday, dba1 mcc wrote:
>we have ORACLE on version 9.2.0.8. after we truncate
>sever tables, we still can NOT shrink data file due to
>high water mark did not change.
>
>Does there has way to check which table after truncate
>high water mark no chage?
>
>Thanks.

>Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative
>vehicles. Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
>http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
>--
>http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital
and
http://hemantscribbles.blogspot.com
and
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" !"
Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html