Re: REDO LOG Concepts

From: Alexander Fatkulin <afatkulin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 23:05:57 +1100

Deepak,

generally rm does exactly this - an unlink() system call to unlink file from the inode.

LGWR holds an open file descriptor after open - after that LGWR doesn't really care whenever file is linked to the inode or not.

The actual delete happens when there is no more link(-s) and no open file descriptors.

--
Alexander Fatkulin