RE: Something is filling up my /oracle file system - URGENT

From: Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:40:55 +1000

Hi

It sounds like the vendor is the level one support for Oracle, seen that before its often money for jam for the vendors as they usually have to do little work for the client but get a sizable cheque for their non efforts. So if you have database problems you ring that vendor and they have to do the support work and they raise a TAR if required on behalf of the customer.
Manjula check as to what is your support arrrangement with the licenses and see what you have and if this applies to you. How do you get your CPU's and other Oracle patches.

I would agree its not easy to support Oracle witout Metalink if you are doing it properly

Cheers
Peter

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, 17 May 2007 09:54 AM
To: oradba.la_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Something is filling up my /oracle file system - URGENT

On 5/16/07, Manjula Krishnan <oradba.la_at_gmail.com> wrote:

        There is nothing on this mount point. It seems that the application support folks (vendor) is responsible. I know I did not delete these files and only support gets on this server. Our org does not buy support from Oracle, so no access to Metalink. I have tried and tried to convince them why it would be better to buy our own licenses rather than ASFU licenses they insist on buying but to no avail.

I can't imagine supporting Oracle without MetaLink.

--

Jared Still

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed May 16 2007 - 19:40:55 CDT