Re: Something is filling up my /oracle file system - URGENT

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:17:32 -0500

Guang,

I'm assuming you are using the "du" command to look for disk file usage.

If you can't find a file that is causing this problem, you might consider whether you deleted a file. If you delete a file on Unix, say a log file, the directory entry may be gone, but if a process still has that file open and is sending data into the file, you'll see the disk space continuing to be consumed, but won't be able to point to the file that is causing it. That behavior probably varies with specific UNIX versions.

Dennis Williams