Re: Monitor contention

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:20:35 -0700

I think this may be a case of correlation without causation. Changing an index from logging to nologging would have no affect on conventional inserts.

To quote the documentation:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/tables.htm#sthref2199 <quote>
The NOLOGGING clause also specifies that subsequent direct loads using SQL*Loader and direct load INSERT operations are not logged. Subsequent DML statements (UPDATE, DELETE, and conventional path insert) are unaffected by the NOLOGGING attribute of the table and generate redo. </quote>

Regards,

Greg Rahn
http://structureddata.org