RE: Alter index rebuild

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:30:23 -0600

The online option appears to be an Enterprise Edition feature/option. Here's the result from a 10.2.0.2 standard edition attempt on RH Linux.

-joe

SQL> alter index THUNDERHEAD.PK_CM_ANNOTATIONS rebuild tablespace thead_i online;
alter index THUNDERHEAD.PK_CM_ANNOTATIONS rebuild tablespace thead_i online
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Online Index Build

SQL> -----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Alexander Fatkulin Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:14 AM
To: BLock_at_dvfs.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Alter index rebuild

Sure, you can also try an "online" option - that way you can still perform DDL against the table while index is being rebuild.

--
Alexander Fatkulin

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Managers, LLC scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.  Thank you.