Re: Embarasing question ....

From: Daniel W. Fink <daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 09:57:33 -0600

I recall a similar situation where the function part of the FBI was a query accessing data in another table and building an index based on that data. Changes to the referenced table (not the indexed one) caused the FBI to go invalid.

--
Daniel Fink

Oracle Performance, Diagnosis and Training

OptimalDBA    http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog   http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

Join me at Miracle Scotland DB Forum!
http://www.miracleltd.com/index.asp?page=167&page2=343