RE: Error starting sqlplus

From: Quamrul Polash <quapol_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:36:53 +0000

Hi,

This one in Metalink Note:356850.1 may help you. HTH,

QP

Subject: Error starting sqlplusDate: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:12:55 +0100From: JDunn_at_sefas.comTo: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Have just installed Oracle 10.2 on AIX 5. When I run sqlplus as oracle it runs OK. When I run it as another user I get the message below I thought the environment variables were not set, but .profiles are identical in terms of Oracle values Any ideas?
Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus
Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

John

Change is good. See what’s different about Windows Live Hotmail. http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/default.html?locale=en-us&ocid=RMT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_changegood_0507